THE CAVALIER- SSB / NDA / CDS / CAPF / AFCAT / ACC / COAST GUARD / X&Y GROUP COACHING
GROUP OBSTACLE RACE (Snake Race)
In this task 3-4 groups have to compete with each other. This task is not
done in Air Force Boards.
• All of them are briefed by the senior GTO.
• The group is provided with a rolled up tent 6-8 feet long which is called
a snake. This has to be carried along by the group over six obstacles
during the race.
• The snake has to be carried by the entire group while running (all
candidates should be holding it while running in between the obstacles.
• The snake should be carried parallel to the ground.
• The snake cannot be reduced in length. Eg: rolling up etc.
• The snake cannot be kept on ground in between.• While negotiating the obstacles, minimum three candidates should hold
e.g. ‘JAI HIND’, ‘BHARAT MATHA KE JAI’ etc.
Expectation of the GTO from the candidates in Snake Race:-
1. The candidate should not violate the rule.
2. The candidate should Try to remain ahead as much as possible.
3. He should help his team mates.
4. One should give his hand to the weak candidates while climbing the
5. The candidate should keep the interest of the group in mind.