THE CAVALIER- SSB / NDA / CDS / CAPF / AFCAT / ACC / COAST GUARD / X&Y GROUP COACHING
GROUP PLANNING EXCERCISE
It is an indoor task. All the participants are briefed about the task while they are sitting in a horse shoe formation with the map/modal placed between them. There are five stages.
• The G.T.O introduces the candidates to the map or the model in the
most rudimentary manner.
• The G.T.O then reads out a story and relates it to the map/model. The
story will bring out a set of problems which the candidates have to
resolve in their planning.
• The same story card is handed over to the candidates individually for
them to read and understand in the five minutes allotted.
• The candidates are then given 10minutes to make their plans
individually and also unite the plan.
• Once the plans are written individually, the group is then put through a
discussion for 15-20 minutes with an aim to work out a common plan.
What is expected
Types of Problems:-
• Out the five problems given one will be of body injury to a person
which may be fatal.
• In addition there will be 2-3 problems of a highly larger magnitude
which will be happening at some place not too far and after sometime
• The fifth problem is generally a red herring and has to be dealt with
• A person is likely to be kidnapped.
• Bomb likely to explode in a bus, train.
• Water, milk, Prasad etc being poisoned.
• Looting of a bank, jewellers etc.
Important Tips for GPE:-
(a) the candidate must understand the map and find out resources he can
(b) Grasp all essentials while the GTO narrates the plot
(c) When the narrative is given to the candidate, he /she should remain
calm and correlate/ the problem to the time of occurance
(d) Priorotise the problems logically and allocate proper resources to
(e) While writing the plan do not be too verbose
(f) During discussion be open to others views as well (other guidelines of
GD given above will apply)
(g) Be logical in your approach
(h) In the final narration be clear and crisp